Your responsibility code
Join Bluewood in raising safety awareness on the slopes by learning and following these important precautions:
- Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people and/or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious!
More safety resources
Check out the video below from the Pacific Northwest Ski Areas Association (PNSAA). It puts mountain safety in a unique perspective, especially for youngsters and the young at heart.
Please check out Kids on Lifts for more information about chairlift safety.
Terrain park safety
When using freestyle terrain and features, please follow these S.M.A.R.T. tips from Terrain Park Safety:
- Start small. Work your way up. Build your skills.
- Make a plan. Every feature. Every time.
- Always look before you drop.
- Respect the features and other users.
- Take it easy. Know your limits. Land on your feet.
Call (509) 380-4601.