Welcome to the all new freestyle terrain committment at Bluewood. Featuring 2 parks, a variety of features, sweet jump lines and much more! you don't wanna miss what's about to happen with THE parks at Bluewood.
Locacted at the end of Country Road run. This park will have fun features to hone your skills on! Perfect if you are just getting into freestyle terrain and not quite ready for The Wood.
Is Bluewoods main park and is located off of the Triple Nickel chair. Our Terrain Park Crew have worked up some options for all you free stylers out there. Featuring rails, jumps, elements, bonks, tires, totems and much more. Exprect to be impressed in The Wood.
Go to our Terrain Park FB page for all our latest news http://www.facebook.com/SkiBluewoodTerrainPark
Smart Style video: http://www.terrainparksafety.org/index.php/video/
4 Main Points of Smart Style
Make a plan
- Every time you use freestyle terrain, make a plan for each feature you want to use
- Your speed, approach & takeoff will directly affect your maneuver and landing
Look before you leap
- Before getting into freestyle terrain observe all signage & warnings
- Scope around the jumps first not over them
- Use your first run as a warm up run & to familiarize yourself with the terrain
- Be aware that the features change constantly due to weather, usage, grooming & time of day
- Do not jump blindly & use a spotter when necessary
Easy style it
- Know your limits & ski/ride within your ability level
- Look for small progression parks or features to begin with and work your way up
- Freestyle skills require maintaining control on the ground & in the air
- Do not attempt any features unless you have sufficient ability & experience to do so safely
- Inverted aerials increase your risk of injury & are not recommended
Respect gets respect
- Respect the terrain & others
- One person on a feature at a time
- Wait your turn & call your start
- Always clear the landing area quickly
- Respect all signs & stay off closed terrain and features
Be sure You Know the Code... Your Responsibility Code provides safety tips while on the slopes. Smart Style is a terrain park specific safety program that you should check out before using terrain parks.